Cyber warfare officers command crews in the use of cyber offensive tactics to target enemy or hostile adversary capabilities. They oversee mission planning, preparation, and crew training to ensure operational readiness. Cyber warfare officers operate cyberspace systems and direct crews in the use of these systems.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster National Security pathway.
A person in this career:
- Operates cyberspace weapons systems, employs cyberspace capabilities, and commands crews to accomplish cyberspace, training, and other missions
- Reviews mission tasking, intelligence, terrain, and weather information
- Supervises cyber mission planning, preparation, and crew briefing/debriefing
- Ensures equipment and crew are mission ready prior to execution/deployment
- Operates cyber weapons systems and commands crew
- Performs, supervises, or directs weapons system employment and associated crew activities
- Ensures operational readiness of crew by conducting or supervising mission specific training
- Translates operational requirements into architectural and technical solutions
- Works with commanders to deliver complete capabilities that include technical and procedural components
- Researches or oversees research of technologies, and advises commanders on associated risks and mitigation factors in conjunction with meeting requirements