About This Career
Plans and directs cleanup and redevelopment of contaminated properties for reuse. Does not include properties sufficiently contaminated to qualify as Superfund sites.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster General Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Coordinates on-site activities for environmental cleanup or remediation projects to ensure compliance with environmental laws, standards, regulations, or other requirements.
- Identifies environmental contamination sources.
- Identifies and applies for project funding.
- Plans or implements brownfield redevelopment projects to ensure safety, quality, and compliance with applicable standards or requirements.
- Estimates costs for environmental cleanup and remediation of land redevelopment projects.
- Conducts quantitative risk assessments for human health, environmental, or other risks.
- Designs or implements plans for surface or ground water remediation.
- Designs or implements measures to improve the water, air, and soil quality of military test sites, abandoned mine land, or other contaminated sites.
- Reviews or evaluates environmental remediation project proposals.
- Prepares reports or presentations to communicate brownfield redevelopment needs, status, or progress.