Plans, directs, or coordinates activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Business Information Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Reviews project plans to plan and coordinate project activity.
- Manages backup, security and user help systems.
- Develops and interprets organizational goals, policies, and procedures.
- Develops computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
- Stays abreast of advances in technology.
- Consults with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements.
- Meets with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Provides users with technical support for computer problems.
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises staff, or participate in staffing decisions.
- Controls operational budget and expenditures.