Designs, cuts, and arranges live, dried, or artificial flowers and foliage.
This career is part of the Arts, Audio-Video Technology and Communications cluster Visual Arts pathway.
A person in this career:
- Confers with clients regarding price and type of arrangement desired and the date, time, and place of delivery.
- Selects flora and foliage for arrangements, working with numerous combinations to synthesize and develop new creations.
- Orders and purchases flowers and supplies from wholesalers and growers.
- Delivers arrangements to customers, or oversee employees responsible for deliveries.
- Plans arrangement according to client's requirements, utilizing knowledge of design and properties of materials, or selects appropriate standard design pattern.
- Waters plants, and cuts, conditions, and cleans flowers and foliage for storage.
- Trims material and arranges bouquets, wreaths, terrariums, and other items using trimmers, shapers, wire, pins, floral tape, foam, and other materials.
- Wraps and prices completed arrangements.
- Performs office and retail service duties such as keeping financial records, serving customers, answering telephones, selling giftware items and receiving payment.
- Unpacks stock as it comes into the shop.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.