Operates or controls an entire process or system of machines, often through the use of control boards, to transfer or treat water or liquid waste.
This career is part of the Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources cluster Environmental Service Systems pathway.
A person in this career:
- Adds chemicals, such as ammonia, chlorine, or lime, to disinfect and deodorize water and other liquids.
- Inspects equipment or monitors operating conditions, meters, and gauges to determine load requirements and detect malfunctions.
- Collects and tests water and sewage samples, using test equipment and color analysis standards.
- Records operational data, personnel attendance, or meter and gauge readings on specified forms.
- Operates and adjusts controls on equipment to purify and clarify water, process or dispose of sewage, and generate power.
- Maintains, repairs, and lubricates equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
- Cleans and maintains tanks, filter beds, and other work areas, using hand tools and power tools.
- Directs and coordinates plant workers engaged in routine operations and maintenance activities.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.