Expand mobile version menu

Architectural Engineer  What To Learn

High School

What high school courses should you take if you're interested in this career?

Get your answers from the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Engineering and Technology pathway.

Insider Info


dotA good education is necessary. To start work as an architectural engineer, you'll need a bachelor's degree in engineering. You should be on the lookout for a program that has strong courses in both math and physics while you're in high school.

There are several schools in the U.S. that specialize in architectural engineering.

"You should look for a curriculum which studies both architecture and basic engineering," adds Elizabeth Gehring. She's president of an architectural engineering firm. "It is neither just engineering, nor just architecture."