Helps painters, paperhangers, plasterers, or stucco masons by performing duties of lesser skill. Duties include supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Cleans work areas and equipment.
- Performs support duties to assist painters, paperhangers, plasterers, or masons.
- Applies protective coverings, such as masking tape, to articles or areas that could be damaged or stained by work processes.
- Erects scaffolding.
- Fills cracks or breaks in surfaces of plaster articles or areas with putty or epoxy compounds.
- Supplies or holds tools and materials.
- Smooths surfaces of articles to be painted, using sanding and buffing tools and equipment.
- Mixes plaster, and carries plaster to plasterers.
- Places articles to be stripped into stripping tanks.
- Removes articles such as cabinets, metal furniture, and paint containers from stripping tanks after prescribed periods of time.