About This Career
Directly supervises and coordinates activities of construction or extraction workers.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Inspects work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Reads specifications, such as blueprints, to determine construction requirements or to plan procedures.
- Supervises, coordinates, or schedules the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Assigns work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Coordinates work activities with other construction project activities.
- Estimates material or worker requirements to complete jobs.
- Analyzes worker or production problems and recommends solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Orders or requisitions materials or supplies.
- Trains workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, or company policies.
- Locates, measures, and marks site locations or placements of structures or equipment, using measuring and marking equipment.