About This Career
Directs work crews installing residential or commercial solar photovoltaic or thermal systems.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Supervises solar installers, technicians, and subcontractors for solar installation projects to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Estimates materials, equipment, and personnel needed for residential or commercial solar installation projects.
- Prepares solar installation project proposals, quotes, budgets, or schedules.
- Plans and coordinates installations of photovoltaic (PV) solar and solar thermal systems to ensure conformance to codes.
- Monitors work of contractors and subcontractors to ensure projects conform to plans, specifications, schedules, or budgets.
- Assesses potential solar installation sites to determine feasibility and design requirements.
- Provides technical assistance to installers, technicians, or other solar professionals in areas such as solar electric systems, solar thermal systems, electrical systems, or mechanical systems.
- Identifies means to reduce costs, minimize risks, or increase efficiency of solar installation projects.
- Coordinates or schedules building inspections for solar installation projects.
- Performs start-up of systems for testing or customer implementation.