Moves or installs mobile homes or prefabricated buildings.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Seals open sides of modular units to prepare them for shipment, using polyethylene sheets, nails, and hammers.
- Moves and sets up mobile homes or prefabricated buildings on owners' lots or at mobile home parks.
- Inspects, examines, and tests the operation of parts or systems to evaluate operating condition and to determine if repairs are needed.
- Connects water hoses to inlet pipes of plumbing systems, and tests operation of plumbing fixtures.
- Removes damaged exterior panels, repairs and replaces structural frame members, and seals leaks, using hand tools.
- Lists parts needed, estimates costs, and plans work procedures, using parts lists, technical manuals, and diagrams.
- Confers with customers or reads work orders to determine the nature and extent of damage to units.
- Installs, repairs, and replaces units, fixtures, appliances, and other items and systems in mobile and modular homes, prefabricated buildings, or travel trailers, using hand tools or power tools.
- Resets hardware, using chisels, mallets, and screwdrivers.
- Repairs leaks in plumbing or gas lines, using caulking compounds and plastic or copper pipe.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.