Represents and promotes artists, performers, and athletes in dealings with current or prospective employers. May handle contract negotiation and other business matters for clients.
This career is part of the Arts, Audio-Video Technology and Communications cluster Performing Arts pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collects fees, commissions, or other payments, according to contract terms.
- Confers with clients to develop strategies for their careers, and to explain actions taken on their behalf.
- Develops contacts with individuals and organizations, and applies effective strategies and techniques to ensure their clients' success.
- Schedules promotional or performance engagements for clients.
- Negotiates with managers, promoters, union officials, and other persons regarding clients' contractual rights and obligations.
- Keeps informed of industry trends and deals.
- Manages business and financial affairs for clients, such as arranging travel and lodging, selling tickets, and directing marketing and advertising activities.
- Conducts auditions or interviews to evaluate potential clients.
- Arranges meetings concerning issues involving their clients.
- Prepares periodic accounting statements for clients.