Represents and promotes artists, performers and athletes to prospective employers. May handle contract negotiations and other business matters for clients.
This career is part of the Arts, Audio-Video Technology and Communications cluster Performing Arts pathway.
A person in this career:
- Collects fees, commissions, or other payments, according to contract terms.
- Confers with clients to develop strategies for their careers, and to explain actions taken on their behalf.
- Develops contacts with individuals and organizations, and applies effective strategies and techniques to ensure their clients' success.
- Schedules promotional or performance engagements for clients.
- Negotiates with managers, promoters, union officials, and other persons regarding clients' contractual rights and obligations.
- Keeps informed of industry trends and deals.
- Manages business and financial affairs for clients, such as arranging travel and lodging, selling tickets, and directing marketing and advertising activities.
- Conducts auditions or interviews to evaluate potential clients.
- Arranges meetings concerning issues involving their clients.
- Prepares periodic accounting statements for clients.