Plans, directs, or coordinates one or more administrative services of an organization, such as records and information management, mail distribution, and other office support services.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares and reviews operational reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Sets goals and deadlines for the department.
- Acquires, distributes and stores supplies.
- Analyzes internal processes and recommends and implements procedural or policy changes to improve operations, such as supply changes or the disposal of records.
- Conducts classes to teach procedures to staff.
- Plans, administers, and controls budgets for contracts, equipment, and supplies.
- Hires and terminates clerical and administrative personnel.
- Directs or coordinates the supportive services department of a business, agency, or organization.
- Communicates with and provides guidance for external vendors and service providers to ensure the organization, department, or work unit's business needs are met.
- Develops operational standards and procedures for the work unit or department.