Plans, directs, or coordinates, usually through subordinate supervisory personnel, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation. Includes managers in specialized construction fields, such as carpentry or plumbing.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepares and submits budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Interprets and explains plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
- Directs and supervises construction or related workers.
- Prepares contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Confers with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plans, organizes, or directs activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Studies job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Implements new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or construction site emergencies.
- Investigates damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.