Manages operations at biomass power generation facilities. Directs work activities at plant, including supervision of operations and maintenance staff.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Manages safety programs at power generation facilities.
- Reviews biomass operations performance specifications to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Reviews logs, datasheets, or reports to ensure adequate production levels and safe production environments or to identify abnormalities with power production equipment or processes.
- Supervises operations or maintenance employees in the production of power from biomass, such as wood, coal, paper sludge, or other waste or refuse.
- Supervises biomass plant or substation operations, maintenance, repair, or testing activities.
- Conducts field inspections of biomass plants, stations, or substations to ensure normal and safe operating conditions.
- Plans and schedules plant activities, such as wood, waste, or refuse fuel deliveries, ash removal, and regular maintenance.
- Prepares and manages biomass plant budgets.
- Evaluates power production or demand trends to identify opportunities for improved operations.
- Inspects biomass gasification processes, equipment, and facilities for ways to maximize capacity and minimize operating costs.