About This Career
Plans, directs, or coordinates quality assurance programs. Formulates quality control policies and controls quality of laboratory and production efforts.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Stops production if serious product defects are present.
- Reviews and updates standard operating procedures or quality assurance manuals.
- Monitors performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Reviews quality documentation necessary for regulatory submissions and inspections.
- Analyzes quality control test results and provides feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Verifies that raw materials, purchased parts or components, in-process samples, and finished products meet established testing and inspection standards.
- Oversees workers including supervisors, inspectors, or laboratory workers engaged in testing activities.
- Directs product testing activities throughout production cycles.
- Instructs staff in quality control and analytical procedures.
- Directs the tracking of defects, test results, or other regularly reported quality control data.