About This Career
Repairs, installs, adjusts, or maintains industrial production and processing machinery or refinery and pipeline distribution systems. May also install, dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment according to plans.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Maintenance, Installation and Repair pathway.
A person in this career:
- Repairs or maintains the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Repairs or replaces broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Cleans, lubricates, or adjusts parts, equipment, or machinery.
- Disassembles machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Reassembles equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
- Records repairs and maintenance performed.
- Operates newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
- Records parts or materials used and orders or requisitions new parts or materials, as necessary.
- Observes and tests the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.