Analyzes credit data and financial statements of individuals or firms to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Prepares reports with credit information for use in decision-making.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Banking Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Analyzes credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Completes loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submits to loan committees for approval.
- Prepares reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Generates financial ratios, using computer programs, to evaluate customers' financial status.
- Analyzes financial data, such as income growth, quality of management, and market share to determine expected profitability of loans.
- Compares liquidity, profitability, and credit histories of establishments being evaluated with those of similar establishments in the same industries and geographic locations.
- Consults with customers to resolve complaints and verify financial and credit transactions.
- Contacts customers to collect payments on delinquent accounts.
- Evaluates customer records and recommends payment plans, based on earnings, savings data, payment history, and purchase activity.
- Reviews individual or commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection.