Buys and sells securities or commodities in investment and trading firms, or provide financial services to businesses and individuals. May advise customers about stocks, bonds, mutual funds, commodities, and market conditions.
This career is part of the Finance cluster Securities and Investments pathway.
A person in this career:
- Makes bids or offers to buy or sell securities.
- Monitors markets or positions.
- Agrees on buying or selling prices at optimal levels for clients.
- Keeps accurate records of transactions.
- Buys or sells stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies, or other securities on behalf of investment dealers.
- Completes sales order tickets and submits for processing of client-requested transactions.
- Reports all positions or trading results.
- Interviews clients to determine clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, or financial objectives.
- Discusses financial options with clients and keeps them informed about transactions.
- Identifies opportunities or develops channels for purchase or sale of securities or commodities.