Packs or packages by hand a wide variety of products and materials.
This career is part of the Transportation, Distribution and Logistics cluster Transportation Operations pathway.
A person in this career:
- Examines and inspects containers, materials, or products to ensure that product quality and packing specifications are met.
- Measures, weighs, and counts products and materials.
- Records product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Seals containers or materials, using glues, fasteners, nails, and hand tools.
- Assembles, lines, and pads cartons, crates, and containers, using hand tools.
- Obtains, moves, and sorts products, materials, containers, and orders, using hand tools.
- Marks and labels containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Cleans containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Removes completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment, such as conveyors, or in specified areas, such as loading docks.
- Places or pours products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, or fill containers from spouts or chutes.