About This Career
Conducts energy audits of buildings, building systems, or process systems. May also conduct investment grade audits of buildings or systems.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Identifies and prioritizes energy-saving measures.
- Prepares audit reports containing energy analysis results or recommendations for energy cost savings.
- Identifies any health or safety issues related to planned weatherization projects.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the operation, maintenance, or energy efficiency of building or process systems.
- Calculates potential for energy savings.
- Inspects or evaluates building envelopes, mechanical systems, electrical systems, or process systems to determine the energy consumption of each system.
- Analyzes technical feasibility of energy-saving measures, using knowledge of engineering, energy production, energy use, construction, maintenance, system operation, or process systems.
- Examines commercial sites to determine the feasibility of installing equipment that allows building management systems to reduce electricity consumption during peak demand periods.
- Recommends energy-efficient technologies or alternate energy sources.
- Collects and analyzes field data related to energy usage.