Conducts energy audits of buildings, building systems, or process systems. May also conduct investment grade audits of buildings or systems.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Identifies opportunities to improve the operation, maintenance, or energy efficiency of building or process systems.
- Identifies and prioritizes energy-saving measures.
- Analyzes technical feasibility of energy-saving measures, using knowledge of engineering, energy production, energy use, construction, maintenance, system operation, or process systems.
- Inspects or evaluates building envelopes, mechanical systems, electrical systems, or process systems to determine the energy consumption of each system.
- Identifies any health or safety issues related to planned weatherization projects.
- Inspects newly installed energy-efficient equipment to ensure that it was installed properly and is performing according to specifications.
- Prepares audit reports containing energy analysis results or recommendations for energy cost savings.
- Collects and analyzes field data related to energy usage.
- Performs tests such as blower-door tests to locate air leaks.
- Calculates potential for energy savings.