Plans, directs or coordinates the academic and non-academic activities of preschool and child care centers or programs.
This career is part of the Education and Training cluster Administration and Administrative Support pathway.
A person in this career:
- Monitors students' progress and provides students and teachers with assistance in resolving any problems.
- Confers with parents and staff to discuss educational activities and policies and students' behavioral or learning problems.
- Sets educational standards and goals and helps establish policies, procedures, and programs to carry them out.
- Plans, directs, and monitors instructional methods and content of educational, vocational, or student activity programs.
- Directs and coordinates activities of teachers or administrators at daycare centers, schools, public agencies, or institutions.
- Prepares and maintains attendance, activity, planning, accounting, or personnel reports and records for officials and agencies, or directs preparation and maintenance activities.
- Recruits, hires, trains, and evaluates primary and supplemental staff and recommends personnel actions for programs and services.
- Teaches classes or courses or provides direct care to children.
- Determines allocations of funds for staff, supplies, materials, and equipment and authorizes purchases.
- Determines the scope of educational program offerings and prepares drafts of program schedules and descriptions to estimate staffing and facility requirements.