About This Career
Maintains and supports distributed and decentralized blockchain-based networks or block-chain applications such as cryptocurrency exchange, payment processing, document sharing, and digital voting. Designs and deploys secure block-chain design patterns and solutions over geographically distributed networks using advanced technologies. May assist with infrastructure setup and testing for application transparency and security.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Information Support and Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Assesses blockchain threats, such as untested code and unprotected keys.
- Automates the deployment of software updates over geographically distributed network nodes.
- Designs and deploys blockchain design patterns to make transactions secure, transparent, and immutable.
- Designs and develops blockchain technologies for industries such as finance and music.
- Designs and implements dashboard and data visualizations to meet customer reporting needs.
- Designs and implements data repositories to integrate data.
- Designs and verifies cryptographic protocols to protect private information.
- Determines specifications for, or implements, logging.
- Develops a maintainable code base using object-oriented design principles, practices, or patterns.
- Discusses and plans systems with solution architects, system engineers, or cybersecurity experts to meet customer requirements.