About This Career
Implements and administers enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents.
This career is part of the Information Technology cluster Information Support and Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Assists in determining document management policies to facilitate efficient, legal, and secure access to electronic content.
- Assists in the development of document or content classification taxonomies to facilitate information capture, search, and retrieval.
- Implements electronic document processing, retrieval, and distribution systems in collaboration with other information technology specialists.
- Identifies and classifies documents or other electronic content according to characteristics such as security level, function, and metadata.
- Develops, documents, or maintains standards, best practices, or system usage procedures.
- Assists in the assessment, acquisition, or deployment of new electronic document management systems.
- Administers document and system access rights and revision control to ensure security of system and integrity of master documents.
- Writes, reviews, or executes plans for testing new or established document management systems.
- Prepares and records changes to official documents and confirms changes with legal and compliance management staff, including enterprise-wide records management staff.
- Monitors regulatory activity to maintain compliance with records and document management laws.