Buys or sells energy products on the behalf of residential or commercial customers or utilities. Negotiates and oversees contracts for energy sales.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Professional Sales pathway.
A person in this career:
- Makes bids or offers to buy or sell securities.
- Monitors markets or positions.
- Agrees on buying or selling prices at optimal levels for clients.
- Keeps accurate records of transactions.
- Buys or sells stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies, or other securities on behalf of investment dealers.
- Completes sales order tickets and submits for processing of client-requested transactions.
- Reports all positions or trading results.
- Interviews clients to determine clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, or financial objectives.
- Discusses financial options with clients and keeps them informed about transactions.
- Determines customers' financial services needs and prepares proposals to sell services that address these needs.