Sells or solicits advertising space, time, or media in publications, signage, TV, radio, or Internet establishments or public spaces.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Professional Sales pathway.
A person in this career:
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to new and existing customers to sell new advertising programs and to protect and increase existing advertising.
- Maintains assigned account bases while developing new accounts.
- Provides clients with estimates of the costs of advertising products or services.
- Locates and contacts potential clients to offer advertising services.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Obtains and studies information about clients' products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices to offer effective sales presentations and appropriate product assistance.
- Processes all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts.
- Prepares promotional plans, sales literature, media kits, and sales contracts, using computer.
- Draws up contracts for advertising work, and collects payments due.
- Delivers advertising or illustration proofs to customers for approval.