Plans, directs, or coordinates advertising policies and programs or produces collateral materials, such as posters, contests, coupons, or giveaways, to create extra interest in the purchase of a product or service for a department, an entire organization, or on an account basis.
This career is part of the Marketing cluster Marketing Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Plans and prepares advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies.
- Inspects layouts and advertising copy, and edits scripts, audio, video, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
- Confers with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
- Coordinates with the media to disseminate advertising.
- Coordinates activities of departments, such as sales, graphic arts, media, finance, and research.
- Plans and executes advertising policies and strategies for organizations.
- Directs, motivates, and monitors the mobilization of a campaign team to advance campaign goals.
- Prepares budgets and submits estimates for program costs as part of campaign plan development.
- Contacts organizations to explain services and facilities offered.
- Monitors and analyzes sales promotion results to determine cost effectiveness of promotion campaigns.