Organizes activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for an organization. May design and produce promotional materials. May also raise awareness of the organization's work, goals, and financial needs.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Identifies and builds relationships with potential donors.
- Writes and sends letters of thanks to donors.
- Secures commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
- Develops fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develops strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Creates or updates donor databases.
- Directs or supervises fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
- Develops or implements fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
- Solicits cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, business, or government donors.
- Monitors progress of fundraising drives.