Sets up or maintains laboratory equipment and collect samples from crops or animals. Prepares specimens or records data to assist scientists in biology or related life science experiments.
This career is part of the Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources cluster Food Products and Processing Systems pathway.
A person in this career:
- Records data pertaining to experimentation, research, or animal care.
- Measures or weighs ingredients used in laboratory testing.
- Prepares data summaries, reports, or analyses that include results, charts, or graphs to document research findings and results.
- Sets up laboratory or field equipment as required for site testing.
- Prepares laboratory samples for analysis, following proper protocols to ensure that they will be stored, prepared, and disposed of efficiently and effectively.
- Examines animals or crop specimens to determine the presence of diseases or other problems.
- Collects animal or crop samples.
- Supervises pest or weed control operations, including locating and identifying pests or weeds, selecting chemicals and application methods, or scheduling application.
- Supervises or trains agricultural technicians or farm laborers.
- Responds to general inquiries or requests from the public.