About This Career
Examines, evaluates, and investigates eligibility for or conformity with laws and regulations governing contract compliance of licenses and permits, and performs other compliance and enforcement inspection and analysis activities not classified elsewhere.
This career is part of the Government and Public Administration cluster Governance pathway.
A person in this career:
- Warns violators of infractions or penalties.
- Evaluates applications, records, or documents to gather information about eligibility or liability issues.
- Advises licensees or other individuals or groups concerning licensing, permit, or passport regulations.
- Prepares reports of activities, evaluations, recommendations, or decisions.
- Reports law or regulation violations to appropriate boards or agencies.
- Confers with or interviews officials, technical or professional specialists, or applicants to obtain information or to clarify facts relevant to licensing decisions.
- Issues licenses to individuals meeting standards.
- Collects fees for licenses.
- Administers oral, written, road, or flight tests to license applicants.
- Visits establishments to verify that valid licenses or permits are displayed and that licensing standards are being upheld.