Researches and analyzes policy developments related to climate change. Makes climate-related recommendations for actions such as legislation, awareness campaigns, or fundraising approaches.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Science and Mathematics pathway.
A person in this career:
- Provides analytical support for policy briefs related to renewable energy, energy efficiency, or climate change.
- Proposes new or modified policies involving use of traditional and alternative fuels, transportation of goods, and other factors relating to climate and climate change.
- Prepares study reports, memoranda, briefs, testimonies, or other written materials to inform government or environmental groups on environmental issues, such as climate change.
- Analyzes and distills climate-related research findings to inform legislators, regulatory agencies, or other stakeholders.
- Makes legislative recommendations related to climate change or environmental management, based on climate change policies, principles, programs, practices, and processes.
- Presents climate-related information at public interest, governmental, or other meetings.
- Promotes initiatives to mitigate climate change with government or environmental groups.
- Gathers and reviews climate-related studies from government agencies, research laboratories, and other organizations.
- Reviews existing policies or legislation to identify environmental impacts.
- Researches policies, practices, or procedures for climate or environmental management.