Compiles and keeps personnel records. Records data for each employee, such as address, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports, and date of and reason for termination. May prepare reports for employment records, file employment records, or search employee files and furnish information to authorized persons.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Processes, verifies, and maintains personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Records data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Explains company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Provides assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker's compensation plans.
- Answers questions regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Prepares and sets up for new employee orientations.
- Gathers personnel records from other departments or employees.
- Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
- Searches employee files to obtain information for authorized persons and organizations, such as credit bureaus and finance companies.
- Compiles and prepares reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.