Helps extraction craft workers, such as earth drillers, blasters and explosives workers, derrick operators, and mining machine operators, by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include supplying equipment or cleaning work area.
This career is part of the Architecture and Construction cluster Construction pathway.
A person in this career:
- Repairs and maintains automotive and drilling equipment, using hand tools.
- Observes and monitors equipment operation during the extraction process to detect any problems.
- Drives moving equipment to transport materials and parts to excavation sites.
- Cleans up work areas and removes debris after extraction activities are complete.
- Organizes materials to prepare for use.
- Provides assistance to extraction craft workers, such as earth drillers and derrick operators.
- Dismantles extracting and boring equipment used for excavation, using hand tools.
- Unloads materials, devices and machine parts, using hand tools.
- Loads materials into well holes or into equipment, using hand tools.
- Signals workers to start geological material extraction or boring.