Assists industrial engineers in such activities as quality control, inventory control, or material flow methods. May conduct statistical studies or analyze production costs.
This career is part of the Manufacturing cluster Manufacturing Production Process Development pathway.
A person in this career:
- Tests selected products at specified stages in the production process for performance characteristics or adherence to specifications.
- Compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
- Studies time, motion, methods, or speed involved in maintenance, production, or other operations to establish standard production rate or improve efficiency.
- Reads worker logs, product processing sheets, or specification sheets to verify that records adhere to quality assurance specifications.
- Verifies that equipment is being operated and maintained according to quality assurance standards by observing worker performance.
- Aids in planning work assignments in accordance with worker performance, machine capacity, production schedules, or anticipated delays.
- Evaluates industrial operations for compliance with permits or regulations related to the generation, storage, treatment, transportation, or disposal of hazardous materials or waste.