Resolves disputes between workers and managers, negotiates collective bargaining agreements, or coordinates grievance procedures to handle employee complaints.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Human Resources Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Negotiates collective bargaining agreements.
- Presents the position of the company or of labor during arbitration or other labor negotiations.
- Monitors company or workforce adherence to labor agreements.
- Writes letters related to labor relations activities, such as letters to amend collective bargaining agreements, letters of dispute or conciliation, or letters to seek clarification of contract terms.
- Drafts contract proposals or counter-proposals for collective bargaining or other labor negotiations.
- Calls or meets with union, company, government, or other interested parties to discuss labor relations matters, such as contract negotiations or grievances.
- Interprets contractual agreements for employers and employees engaged in collective bargaining or other labor relations processes.
- Investigates and evaluates union complaints or arguments to determine viability.
- Assesses the impact of union proposals on company or government operations.
- Recommends collective bargaining strategies, goals, or objectives.