Plans, directs and coordinates human resource management activities of an organization to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Human Resources Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Analyzes and modifies compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommends needed changes.
- Performs difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Identifies staff vacancies and recruits, interviews and selects applicants.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls or coordinates the personnel, training, or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Administers compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.