Designs and conducts training and development programs to improve individual and organizational performance. May analyze training needs.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Human Resources Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Assesses training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with managers, instructors, or customer representatives.
- Designs, plans, organizes, or directs orientation and training programs for employees or customers.
- Offers specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Obtains, organizes, or develops training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials.
- Presents information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
- Monitors, evaluates, or records training activities or program effectiveness.
- Develops alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Evaluates training materials prepared by instructors, such as outlines, text, or handouts.
- Evaluates modes of training delivery, such as in-person or virtual to optimize training effectiveness, training costs, or environmental impacts.
- Keeps up with developments in area of expertise by reading current journals, books, or magazine articles.