Plans, directs, or coordinates activities in such fields as architecture and engineering or research and development in these fields.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Engineering and Technology pathway.
A person in this career:
- Manages the coordination and overall integration of technical activities in architecture or engineering projects.
- Directs, reviews, or approves project design changes.
- Consults or negotiates with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Prepares budgets, bids, or contracts.
- Presents and explains proposals, reports, or findings to clients.
- Confers with management, production, or marketing staff to discuss project specifications or procedures.
- Assesses project feasibility by analyzing technology, resource needs, or market demand.
- Reviews, recommends, or approves contracts or cost estimates.
- Develops or implements policies, standards, or procedures for engineering and technical work.
- Establishes scientific or technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.