Researches, designs, develops, or tests automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
This career is part of the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics cluster Engineering and Technology pathway.
A person in this career:
- Creates mechanical design documents for parts, assemblies, or finished products.
- Designs advanced precision equipment for accurate or controlled applications.
- Designs engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Implements or tests design solutions.
- Maintains technical project files.
- Identifies materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs.
- Researches, selects, or applies sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication.
- Applies mechatronic or automated solutions to the transfer of materials, components, or finished goods.
- Provides consultation or training on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
- Oversees the work of contractors in accordance with project requirements.