Fills customers' mail and telephone orders from stored merchandise in accordance with specifications on sales slips or order forms. Duties include computing prices of items, completing order receipts, keeping records of out-going orders, and requisitioning additional materials, supplies, and equipment.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Completes order receipts.
- Obtains merchandise from bins or shelves.
- Reads orders to ascertain catalog numbers, sizes, colors, and quantities of merchandise.
- Places merchandise on conveyors leading to wrapping areas.
- Keeps records of out-going orders.
- Computes prices of items or groups of items.
- Requisitions additional materials, supplies, and equipment.