About This Career
Manages operations at geothermal power generation facilities. Maintains and monitors geothermal plant equipment for efficient and safe plant operations.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Operations Management pathway.
A person in this career:
- Supervises employees in geothermal power plants or well fields.
- Oversees geothermal plant operations, maintenance, and repairs to ensure compliance with applicable standards or regulations.
- Communicates geothermal plant conditions to employees.
- Identifies and evaluates equipment, procedural, or conditional inefficiencies involving geothermal plant systems.
- Performs or directs the performance of preventative maintenance on geothermal plant equipment.
- Inspects geothermal plant or injection well fields to verify proper equipment operations.
- Develops or manages budgets for geothermal operations.
- Selects and implements corrosion control or mitigation systems for geothermal plants.
- Develops operating plans and schedules for geothermal operations.
- Records, reviews, or maintains daily logs, reports, maintenance, and other records associated with geothermal operations.