Prints and attaches price tickets to articles of merchandise using one or several methods, such as marking prices on tickets by hand or using ticket-printing machines.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Puts price information on tickets, marking by hand or using ticket-printing machine.
- Compares printed price tickets with entries on purchase orders to verify accuracy and notify supervisor of discrepancies.
- Pins, pastes, sews, ties, or staples tickets, tags, or labels to article.
- Records number and types of articles marked and packs articles in boxes.
- Marks selling price by hand on boxes containing merchandise.
- Records price, buyer, and grade of product on tickets attached to products auctioned.
- Keeps records of production, returned goods, and related transactions.
- Indicates item size, style, color, and inspection results on tags, tickets, and labels, using rubber stamp or writing instrument.
- Changes the price of books in a warehouse.