Interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
This career is part of the Business, Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Confers with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, takes or enters orders, cancels accounts, or obtains details of complaints.
- Checks to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
- Keeps records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Resolves customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Completes contract forms, prepares change of address records, or issues service discontinuance orders, using computers.
- Refers unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Determines charges for services requested, collects deposits or payments, or arranges for billing.
- Contacts customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Solicits sales of new or additional services or products.
- Orders tests that could determine the causes of product malfunctions.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.