Answers inquiries and obtains information for general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties. Provides information regarding activities conducted at establishment or location of departments, offices and employees within organization.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Operates telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Greets persons entering establishment, determines nature and purpose of visit, and directs or escorts them to specific destinations.
- Schedules appointments and maintains and updates appointment calendars.
- Hears and resolves complaints from customers or the public.
- Files and maintains records.
- Receives payment and records receipts for services.
- Performs administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- Transmits information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Analyzes data to determine answers to questions from customers or members of the public.
- Collects, sorts, distributes, or prepares mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
Dig into the details and check
out what people in this job
have to say about their work.