Receives, stores, and issues materials, equipment, and other items from stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard. Monitors inventory, keeps records, and compiles stock reports.
This career is part of the Business Management and Administration cluster Administrative Services pathway.
A person in this career:
- Packs and unpacks items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Stores items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool rooms, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Receives and counts stock items, and records data manually or using computer.
- Marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Verifies inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigates discrepancies or adjusts errors.
- Issues or distributes materials, products, parts, and supplies to customers or coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Provides assistance or direction to other stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard workers.
- Disposes of damaged or defective items, or returns them to vendors.
- Cleans and maintains supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.